What I love about the apple crisp:
1. My favorite part of apple crisp is the crisp and with this recipe it is on the top and bottom
2. I love apple pie, but making one is time consuming with this recipe fast and easy.
3. Easy to change portions you can bake it in a pie pan or a muffin tin for an individual portion.
4. Some crisps are very dry and too sweet. This one is perfect!
5. Apple crisp straight out of the oven with vanilla ice cream is heavenly
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and butter. Mix until crumbly. Place half of crumb mixture in pan. Spread the apples evenly over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and top with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Submitted on 07/05/2007 at 1:36 PM
<< Go Back