1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon allspice
Animal and gingerbread people cookie cutters
1 tube white decorating icing with small tip
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add molasses and water.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, ginger, and allspice. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until the dough holds together.
3. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375�F.
5. Roll out dough 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and transfer to cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets or cooling racks.
8. Using the white decorating icing, decorate the cookies with "bones" so that they resemble skeletons.